Plenty Austin provides technical and material support for community based efforts to help families living in severe economic poverty improve their health and lives. Many of those requesting assistance are indigenous peoples who’s cultures long predate the countries within which they often struggle to live. We collaborate with local partners to implement sustainable development programs by:
- listening to and understanding the people and organizations requesting assistance;
- identifying core challenges or problems, and common goals and objectives;
- developing short and long-term strategies to achieve objectives;
- securing resources needed to implement program strategies;
- providing timely and consistent technical assistance over many months or years; and,
- conducting honest assessments and evaluations, then working towards improvement as needed.